Friday, March 30, 2007

Prayer Changes Things

What it do folk? As the days continue to roll on by, I am humbled to know that the Creator is providing all needs and in serious ways.

Recently, a number of things have popped up to cause my thoughts to race. Ultimately, though, I have GOT to learn to place such things in the Master's hands. I say I got to, because, though I would like to be part of the faithful few, I live a doubtful life just like anybody else.

I am grateful the judge ordered that my lil cousin's daughter be returned to her custody after the paternal grand-mother was able to take custody from her. So much has gone on in that family not to mention the baby's health struggles for my cousin to have to deal with something like that as well.

I am grateful for the friendship that me and my popz have despite the lack of anything significant in my earlier years. To that effect, I appreciate the examples that I had in some friends' fathers as well as my uncles by marriage (RIP Clint and Allen). For anyone to say to me that things will never change, I offer my suggestion to simply believe.

I am grateful for all of the examples of ways being made for parents--single, young, poor, etc. Nobody knows for sure how needs will be met, but I've seen needs met time and time again--without the assistance of outsiders like myself who feel like we can't help.

I am grateful for the pilgrimage back to New Orleans, though most everyone thought that my city would die. My city is very much alive.

I am excited to know that prayer changes things, but I'm more excited to know that God takes care of business.

No comments: