Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fugee La

Man, I am still in awe at Lauryn Hill's vocals. I know this is all coming out of nowhere much like any of my posts/statements. Last night I caught part of a documentary on PBS: "Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars." I need to catch the full film, but the part that I saw was powerful enough.

This film is yet another source of reality that we westerners can feed off of. People are being oppressed daily for the benefit, gain, pleasure (if any of that) of others. After the latest push to raise awareness within the hip hop community of the effects of the b-word, n-word, h-word, etc, I had to seriously look at my support of a lot of aspects of life that encompass these things. Sad to realize how corrupt I am in that regard. Knowing is half the battle.

I embrace a future of growth and encouragement and sharing along the way. For anyone oppressed, there is deliverance.

No comments: