Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Keep your Head to the Sky

That song is something of an inspiration. Happy Juneteenth people. Today marks the close of celebrations here in Corpus Christi, TX. Of course it's work as usual, but I'm not complaining. As long as I'm not forced to work for free, right?
I ran across this poster two weekends ago in Temple, TX while doing what I tend to do a lot of when not busy--checking out homes for sale. Not sure if you can read it when blown up or not. This morning I was just re-reading an email from a co-worker concerning what we tend to focus on and, therefore, bring to being.
Although society has its negative influences, I tend to see a push to improve. The people have always been central to the directions taken in life. I think that all goals are attainable. Those events that tend to take away from the goal can and probably will happen, but they do not have to be the knockout blow, if you will. Joy & Pain, like Maze said it.
Work hard. Don't give up. The rewards will be well worth the trouble.
As a side note: There was a band from Houston that played down here this past weekend. I don't have access to myspace, but their page is supposed to be 'jayosoul'. These guys really tore it up on some neo-soul tip.

No comments: